Friday, October 9, 2015

Flicker and fail with Clickonce and Citrix

We deployed our first widespread WPF application recently and our Citrix users were experiencing a weird problem with the ClickOnce process. When they attempted to perform the install their mouse cursor started flickering and they got a black screen. The Citrix server was still running Server 2003 which is obsolete so tech support blamed the version of IE (8). I installed the Citrix receiver app on my computer and I was able to install the WPF application without a problem. What gives?

Some sleuthing revealed a hot fix http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/955692 which describes our environment and the symptoms reported. It also mentions that the problem only affects non-administrators on the Citrix server (I am an administrator) which explains why I had no problems.

Maybe someone will find this useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment